A Competition for for Advanced Level Students 2019
Alongside the Forward Prizes, we are giving students the chance to be Prize winning poets too. The challenge is to write a poem in response to one of the shortlisted writers from the 2019 selection (we’ve picked our favourites to make things easy for you), and a short commentary. And here’s what you could win…
- Winner: £200 and two tickets to the Forward Prize Ceremony on 20th October
- Two runners-up: £50 and two tickets to the Forward Prize Ceremony on 20th October
- The winning entry will be published in the February 2020 issue of emagazine
So, what are you waiting for?
This competition is for all Advanced Level students. Please read the entry guidelines on this website carefully before applying
How to enter
- Download the poems.
- Read and think about them.
- Write a creative response to one of the poems in the form of a poem (maximum 30 lines), along with a reflective commentary on it (maximum 300 words).
Submitting your entry
- Download the entry form.
- Complete the entry form with your details.
- Type (or cut and paste) your writing under ‘Entry’. Check you meet the word limits.
- Save your entry form (with your writing), using this format: ‘Name_School.docx’ (e.g. ‘JSmith_HighburyHigh.docx’).
Email your entry to email@example.com, using Forward/emagazine Creative Critics Competition 2019 as the subject line.
- Make sure your entry reaches us before the deadline of 5pm on 30th September 2019. We will not be able to accept entries received after this time.
This year, the emagazine editors will be joined by poet and teacher Daljit Nagra to judge the competition.
Full details of the 2019 Competition are available on this page. You have until 5pm on 30th September 2019.
In the meantime, you can read the winning entries from the 2018 competition for inspiration here
Emagazine/Forward Arts Foundation